LSSC Event Guidelines during the Covid-19 Pandemic
With frequent coronavirus updates and changes continuing to impact our plans and methods for many of our summer events, we want to share with our members how the board intends to determine whether an event is a “go” and what sort of precautions we will be practicing during the event. Guidelines are:
- All LSSC events to be classified as for vulnerable groups of 10-50 people.
- Coronavirus exposure protections meet all projected and actual CDC, State, and Local orders and recommendations for the event date.
- Coronavirus exposure protections for biking events include any best practices recommended by Ride Illinois and Evanston Bike Club.
- Coronavirus exposure protections for ski events include any best practices recommended by Professional Ski Instructors of America (PSIA).
- Education and acceptance of the above exposure protections be provided to all participants at the beginning of any LSSC event and documented via participant signature.
- Event participants to be polled at the conclusion of the event for any potential exposure incidents that may require medical follow-up or testing, and a plan exist for facilitating that follow-up.
- The Board shall give final approval of proceeding with planned events upon report by the Program Director or Ski Director on how the above will be achieved for the event.