North Shore Century Bike Ride -- Sunday, September 19, 2021
ENJOY THE BEAUTY OF A LATE SUMMER RIDE
Join regional bike riders on Sunday, September 19th, 2021 when the Evanston Bicycle Club (EBC) presents the 36th annual North Shore Century (NSC)--one of Chicagoland’s premiere invitational rides. You’ll ride through beautiful neighborhoods, view unique architectural treasures, pedal down tree-lined streets and feel the refreshing breezes of Lake Michigan while enjoying the flat to rolling countryside between Chicago and Wisconsin. Meet-up with other LSSC members and friends for a great shared experience.
The North Shore Century features . . .
- A range of “centuries” from which to choose – Classic, Metric, Half or Quarter
- Paper and/or digitally downloadable cue sheets and clear pavement markings for all routes
- Fabulous food – fresh fruit, PB&Js, bagels, snack bars, Nuun energy drinks – plus something special and unique to each rest stop
- Mechanical support from a local bike shop at each rest stop
- Radio-directed SAG vehicles providing mid-ride assistance for emergencies
- A certificate of completion to impress your friends
IMPORTANT!!! Your registration for this event is not complete until you register on their site: North Shore Century Registration.
Note: You can also register at Dawes Park the morning of the ride.
Cost: It is free to Register on our site but the event organizers are charging a fee to register on their site.
Bike Rentals: From out of town? Don’t own a bike? Ride whatever route you choose in the North Shore Century on a rental bike. Professionally maintained road, hybrid, and ebikes are available from Earth Rider Cycling for the day and can be picked up and dropped off at the ride start/end at Dawes Park in Evanston. Advanced reservations are required. To view bike models, check availability and make a reservation with Earth Rider for a rental bike click here.
***The Evanston Bicycle Club will comply with all state and local COVID-19 guidance in effect at the time of the 2021 North Shore Century, including any requirements pertaining to face coverings, maintaining social distancing, and sanitizing.